About the CSHL Institutional Repository
Why do we have it?
- To collect, manage and preserve the intellectual output produced by CSHL
- To provide annotation, metadata, topics and subjects to items deposited in the Institutional Repository
- To collect all the works produced by a CSHL scientist throughout their career
What do we collect?
- Raw data, code, scripts, software, manuscripts, theses, presentations, posters, video and audio files
- Bibliographic information on all CSHL faculty, researchers and graduate students
Why do we do it?
- It provides an environment to deposit data related to works published by CSHL faculty, researchers and graduate students
- It provides a long term, stable location for the storage of data related to published papers
- It allows for the archiving of WSBS theses and to make them fulltext accessible
- It provides CSHL with a mechanism to comply with requirements for data management mandated by NSF and soon NIH
- It allows for CSHL faculty to provide additional information to published papers
- It allows for open access to enhance the sharing of data from CSHL produced research
Who are our users?
- CSHL faculty, researchers and graduate students
- Outside faculty, researchers and graduate students
- The public
How can I display my publications?
CSHL researchers, postdocs and students can use the repository to maintain an up-to-date list of their publications on their websites.
You can use a specially formatted URL to link directly to a formatted page of your research or
to embed the publications list directly within your website. See our internal page
for the details. Examples: